If you like your chili meaty, I dare you to give this turkey chili a try. This “crowd-pleaser” is regularly on the menu in my house.
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced (you can never have too much garlic)
- 1 15 oz. can of kidney beans
- 1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes or fresh diced tomatoes from the garden 🙂
- 1 can of green chilies, diced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2-3 Tbsp. chili powder (depending on your preference for spiciness)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring oil up to a medium heat and brown ground turkey.
- Add in onion, bell pepper, and garlic and saute until translucent. Do not drain the fat if using lean turkey (this adds to the flavor).
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on medium/low for 30 minutes. Stir often. This allows the flavors to meld together and reduce the liquid.
- Serve with whatever toppings you like. (I prefer cheese, Fritos, or yummy cornbread with jalapenos sprinkled on top).